Je winkelwagen is momenteel leeg
Product image slideshow Items
A selection of 6 bottles of wine, all coming from a volcanic terroir, one of the most particular and interesting type of soil you can encounter
For this box we selected 6 wines, 2 whites, one orange and 3 reds, all made with grapes grown on volcanic soil. As you may know Italy is a land with a high concentration of volcanoes, a few are sill active but the most are dormant or extinct. That means the allover the peninsula, from north till south we can encounter volcanic soil. In this box we include 4 different volcanic terroirs, Gambellara (Veneto), Bolsena Lake (North Lazio), Castelli Romani (South Lazio) and Etna (Sicily).
This are the 6 wines we included:
- Menti, Riva Arsiglia 2017, Garganega 100% from Gambellara (Veneto)
- Piana dei Castelli 2017, Bianco, Malvasia Puntinata 100% from Velletri, Castelli Romani (Lazio)
- Il Vinco, Biancoperso 2019, Malvasia Bianca Lunga, Procanico and Rossetto, Montefiascone, Bolsena Lake (Lazio)
- Il Vinco, Canajó 2019, Canaiolo 100%, Montefiascone, Bolsena Lake (Lazio)
- Etnella, Tracotanza 2019, Nerello Mascalese 90% and Nerello Cappuccio 10%, Etna (Sicily)
- Etnella, Villa Petrosa 2017, Nerello Mascalese 90% and Nerello Cappuccio 10%, aged in chestnut barrels, Etna (Sicily)
Volcanic soils have special physical and chemical properties, they are very rich in nutrients and hold water well because of their volcanic ash content. They are often very young and acidic, depending on which type of volcano they come from. This soil special fertility is largely attributable to the formation of poorly crystalline and noncrystalline minerals, and the accumulation of organic matter.
Items van productcarrousel